Thursday, February 24, 2011

PIF: Hooded towels

When the new year started, I put on my Facebook status the following phrase: "Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They must in turn post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. *The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011."

I got quite a few reponses from my friends and family who don't already receive handmade from me. Truthfully, I was quite glad to see that the ones who normally did receive handmade did not ask. Anyway, they are out of sync because the person who was #1, I'm still working on ideas...

This is #2, going to a co-worker of Da Man's.

I asked all the responders basic questions to get a feel for what they would like, for themselves, for the house or for the kids...

Kym asked for something for her little man who is a HUGE Senators fan. I searched everywhere for decent sources of Sens material and couldn't find anything. So, I went with a reliable stand-by.

Hooded towels. I love hooded towels. They keep the kiddies wrapped up and warm. The only thing about hooded towels is that they come in baby sizes at generic and chain stores and you have to be prepared to fork out loads of dough for the larger ones. So, I found a neat tutorial and followed it. Then I made some changes...


First off, I do not like raw edges so I enclose the seams in the hood by doubling the hooded layer, with a decorative cotton or a jersey liner. Then, I sandwich the main towel body in between the double layers, turning as I go to enclose those seams!

Hope you like them Kym!! I made one with a jersey liner and the logo off a t-shirt I found at Zellers (that would be the red one). The other one, I cut up another t-shirt I found in another store and made the Sens logo the outer hood and then cut a B with a sports jersey font and put that in the middle of the towel.

*Updated to add a pic of the recipient wearing his towel*

No comments:

Post a Comment