I followed the
I made it longer than called for because she is a very tall girl. I was originally going to add a strip of pleats at the bottom but it looked busy enough.
I finished the seams by pinking them, pressing the seams apart and sewing down both sides.
Twin needle action baby!
Here's a cool shot of the finished stitches with the twin needles:
I had meant to add a set nof bows to the sides but got carried away with just making the belting behave. I had to double up on the 1/2 inch belting to make the front stiffer and there is a small strip of elastic at the back to account for ease.
I don't think her mom reads this blog so I am posting the skirt. I have received rave reviews on this skirt already so I am thinking of making more and stocking it for the next market and maybe put some in my (empty) Etsy store.
I think I love this skirt....