Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Stripwork Skirt

I made this skirt for a little friend whose birthday is in April (but I have a lot of things on the go and I wanted to clear as much as I could.)

I followed the tutorialrecipe at Moda Bake Shop with a few modifications (of course!).

I made it longer than called for because she is a very tall girl. I was originally going to add a strip of pleats at the bottom but it looked busy enough.

I finished the seams by pinking them, pressing the seams apart and sewing down both sides.

Twin needle action baby!


Here's a cool shot of the finished stitches with the twin needles:



I had meant to add a set nof bows to the sides but got carried away with just making the belting behave. I had to double up on the 1/2 inch belting to make the front stiffer and there is a small strip of elastic at the back to account for ease.

I don't think her mom reads this blog so I am posting the skirt. I have received rave reviews on this skirt already so I am thinking of making more and stocking it for the next market and maybe put some in my (empty) Etsy store.


I think I love this skirt....

1 comment:

  1. That skirt is so pretty and I am sure the recipient will love it! Looks like a lot of work put into sewing the strips.

    ReplyDelete